Come visit the American Jewish Historical Society!
We are located at:
Center for Jewish History
15 West 16th Street
New York, NY 10011
Directions and Parking
- 4, 5, 6, L, N, Q, R, and W trains to the 14th Street and Union Square station.
- F, V, L, and PATH trains to the 14th Street and 6th Avenue (Avenue of the Americas) station.
- 1, 2, and 3 trains to the 14th Street and 7th Avenue station.
- Park Avenue South: M1 bus traveling north and south M2 and M3 buses traveling north
- Broadway: M6 and M7 buses traveling south
- Fifth Avenue: M2, M3, and M5 buses traveling south
- Sixth Avenue (Avenue of the Americas): M5, M6, and M7 buses traveling north
- 14th Street: M14 bus traveling east and west
- 23rd Street: M23 bus traveling east and west
The Center is able to offer visitors discounted parking at the following locations:
- Creative Parking LLC*: 16 West 16th Street (Entrances on 16th & 15th Streets) $15.00 tax included (Maximum of 5 Hours)
- Universal Parking LLC*: 55 West 14th Street (Entrances on 14th and 15th Streets) $13.00 tax included (Maximum of 5 Hours)
- Parking On The Street: Overnight free parking is available on 16th and 17th Streets subject to parking regulations between 6 pm and 7 am but not allowed during the day. Metered parking can be found on 5th Avenue and on 6th Avenue (Avenue of the Americas). Parking is free on Sundays.
Please note: Parking tickets must be validated at the Center's Security Desk located at the 16th Street entrance.
- Monday 9:30 am - 8:00 pm
- Tuesday 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Wednesday 9:30 am - 8:00 pm
- Thursday 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Friday 9:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Sunday 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Visiting our Reading Room*:
- Monday 9:30 am - 6 pm
- Tuesday 9:30 am - 6 pm
- Wednesday 9:30 am - 6 pm
- Thursday 9:30 am - 6 pm
- Friday 9:30 am - 2 pm
- Sunday: By advance appointment only
All coats, cameras, and bags must be checked. Please plan accordingly.
The Center for Jewish History is closed on Saturday, all major Jewish holidays, and all major national holidays.
* Monday-Thursday: last call for paging is 4 pm.
Friday: last call for paging is 12 pm.
All requests for Sunday usage must be received by 4:30 pm on the preceding Thursday. To make a request, please visit www.catalog.cjh.org, login or become a registered user, search for the materials you wish to request, and click the ‘Reserve’ link on the left side of the item record. Once you fill out the required fields, your request will be processed. Should you have any difficulty in identifying materials or placing a request, please contact Reference Services at 917-606-8217 or email@example.com.
For more information about the Reading Room, please follow this link.